Lancaster Church Burglary and Vandalism Description and Date of Crime: Lancaster Church Burglary and Vandalism - between 10/30/05 and 11/01/05 Location: Calvary Baptist Church, Lancaster Reward Amount and Date Offered: $10,000 - 11/08/2005 Deadline to Provide Information to Law Enforcement Agency: 02/06/2006 Deadline to Submit Claim to Executive Office: 04/07/2006
At its meeting held November 8, 2005, the Board took the following action:
Supervisor Antonovich made the following statement:“Between Sunday, October 30, 2005 and Tuesday, November 1, 2005, numerous items, including the organ, pulpit, mirrors, U.S. and Christian flags were damaged at the Calvary Baptist Church in Lancaster. Gang-related symbols such as ‘BLC,’ ‘BLC 13’ and ‘SUR 13’ were painted on the carpet and walls.
“The Sheriff’s Department is seeking information to locate and apprehend the suspect(s) responsible for this vandalism.”
Therefore, on motion of Supervisor Antonovich, seconded by Supervisor Yaroslavsky, unanimously carried (Supervisor Knabe being absent), the Board took the following actions:
- Established a $10,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the damage to numerous items, including the organ, pulpit, mirrors, U.S. and Christian flags at the Calvary Baptist Church in Lancaster between Sunday, October 30, 2005 and Tuesday, November 1, 2005;
- Requested the Antelope Valley Human Relations Task Force to assist with the Sheriff’s investigation as a possible hate crime; and
- Requested the District Attorney to consider prosecuting the matter as a hate crime.
NOTICE OF $10,000.00 REWARD
OFFERED BY THE
LOS ANGELES COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Supervisors of the County of Los Angeles is offering a $10,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the damage to numerous items, including the organ, pulpit, mirrors, U.S. and Christian flags at the Calvary Baptist Church in Lancaster between Sunday, October 30, 2005 and Tuesday, November 1, 2005.
Any person having any information related to this crime is requested to call Detective Victor Hess at the Lancaster Sheriff’s Station at (661) 948-8466 and refer to Church Burglary and Vandalism case, Report No. 405-23478-1194-077.
The terms of the reward provide that:
- The information given that leads to the determination of the identity, the apprehension and conviction of any person or persons must be given no later than February 6, 2006. All reward claims must be in writing and shall be received no later than April 7, 2006.
- The total County payment of any and all rewards shall in no event exceed $10,000 and no claim shall be paid prior to conviction unless the Board of Supervisors makes a finding of impossibility of conviction due to the death or incapacity of the person or persons responsible for the crime or crimes.
- The County reward may be apportioned between various persons and/or paid for the conviction of various persons as the circumstances fairly dictate.
Any claims for the reward funds should be filed no later than April 7, 2006 with the Executive Officer of the Board of Supervisors, 500 West Temple Street, Room 383 Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration, Los Angeles, California 90012, Attention: Houses of Worship Vandalism Reward Fund. For further information, please call (213) 974 1405.
Si no entiende esta noticia o si necesita mas informacion, favor de llamar a este numero (213) 974-1405.
[Return to Rewards Home Page] [Comments or Questions]